- Resveratrol INCREASES blood flow to the brain resulting in increased focus and concentration…..Resveratrol is a potent antioxidant as well as antiaging powerhouse!
- Vitamin D levels help predict risk of Type 2 Diabetes….the higher the Vitamin D level (measured in blood) resulted in less RISK of developing Type 2 DM…..we already know so many good things about Vitamin D and this is exciting new information
- Zinc intake (45mg/day) resulted in a decrease in inflammatory markers in the blood and a decrease in heart disease incidence….this particular study applies to adults only…..we know from testing that many people are low in Zinc, so it is a good idea to ensure you are getting enough Zinc
- Vitamin D supplements lead to a decrease risk of developing breast cancer.…..again, more confirmation that staying on top of Vitamin D supplementation is very important
- Glucosamine supplementation was found to lower mortality risk….somewhat of an odd finding, but we are finding that this class of natural occurring compounds do exert anti-inflammatory actions…
5 Nutrient/ Supplement Tips Here are some quick tips based upon recent studies conducted and published in major medical/ nutritional journals:
Angella M. Trout CNC, RA
As a Nutritional Consultant and Lifestyle Coach I am passionate about teaching others about total balance in health and spirit. As a real life person with real life struggles.